Review the tasks you'll perform in Strategic Modeling. In general, you'll perform tasks in this order:
- Open an application, review the templates used to create models, and then create a model or open an existing model. See Working with Templates and Creating a Strategic Modeling Model.
- Check out a model, if required. You can also open a copy of a model. See Opening, Checking Out, and Deleting Models.
- Perform strategic analysis tasks such as:
- Manage accounts and subaccounts.
- Define the forecast method for accounts.
- Identify a target value for an account.
- Perform what-if analysis using the Scenario Manager.
- Determine how values are calculated.
- Calculate the model.
- Improve your forecast accuracy using simulations.
- Work with time periods.
- Work with funding options.
See Working with Models.
- Review built-in and custom reports. Working with Reports.
- Build and run consolidations to roll up data. See Creating and Running Consolidations.
You might not see all the features you see described in this section, depending on the access your Administrator has given you to models and features.
To get started, click Strategic Modeling and then select a component:
Table 7-1 Strategic Modeling Tasks
|Task||Perform These Tasks||More Information|
||Working with Models|
Additionally, you can review the status of consolidations in the Job Console.
|Creating and Running Consolidations|
|Templates||Review templates used to create models.||Working with Templates|
Additionally, you can perform these tasks in the Strategic Modeling Smart View extension:
Work with local models
Edit a worksheet, or add new worksheets
Add and modify user defined accounts
Modify account input status
Use the Depreciation Scheduler
Use Sensitivity Analysis
Modify the Time structure and settings
Add and edit Debt Schedules
Change funding options
Perform currency translations
Work with tax and valuation options
Design a custom report or modify a standard report
Save a model as a template
Generate or assign custom dimensions
Modify a template and upload it for use on the Web
Convert and upload reports from the on premise version of Oracle Hyperion Strategic Finance to Strategic Modeling on the Web
Upload templates you created from the on premise version of Strategic Finance to Strategic Modeling on the Web