Install a Processor Module
- Determine if you are installing a processor module after replacing or installing DIMMs, or
if you are installing a new processor module to replace a faulty one.
- If you are installing a processor module after replacing or installing DIMMs, go to
- If you are installing a new processor module to replace a faulty one,
install all of the DIMMs that you removed from the faulty processor module
into the replacement module. See Install a DIMM.
- Place the cover back onto the processor module and slide the cover forward
until the latch clicks into place.
- Ensure that the server is powered off.
See Preparing for Service.
- Remove the processor module filler panel, if one is installed.
- Insert the processor module into the empty processor module slot in the server.
- Bring the levers together toward the center of the module and press them
firmly against the module to fully seat the module back into the server.
The levers should click into place when the module is fully seated in
- Power on the server.
See Returning the Server to Operation.
- Verify the processor module functionality.
See Verify Processor Module Functionality.