Move DIMMs to a New CMU
A replacement CMU has no DIMMs. Use this procedure to move DIMMs from
the old CMU to a new CMU.
The same DIMMs can be used in SPARC M5 CMUs or SPARC
- Use an antistatic wrist strap to protect the equipment from ESD damage.
A 12 ft (3.6 m) antistatic wrist strap is included with the replacement
- Use antistatic mats for each CMU.
Place the mats side by side for ease of movement during the DIMM
- Use a T20 Torx driver to remove the top covers from both CMUs.
- Note the exact locations of the DIMMs on the old CMU.
- Move the DIMMs to the same locations on the new CMU.
- Install the top covers on both CMUs.