Return a Component to Oracle
- Read and follow the repacking and shipping instructions.
- If the replacement included safety covers on the connectors, install the covers on
the component that you are returning.
This step prevents additional damage during shipping and aids Oracle in determining how
the component failed.
- Place the component in an antistatic bag and seal the bag with tape.
- In the shipping carton that originally contained the replacement:
- Place the component so that it is not free to move.
- Add any required paperwork or other documentation in the carton.
- Include any tools that were loaned to you by Oracle.
- Close the shipping carton and seal it with the packaging tape supplied by
- Apply the shipping label to the shipping carton.
- Notify Oracle or an authorized shipper that the carton is ready for pickup.