Remove an I/O Power Cable Assembly
The replacement kit includes:
Tie wrap kit
T20 Torx bit
T30 Torx bit
Torque wrench, 1/4 inch drive
Socket extension, 1/4 inch drive
The tools must be returned to Oracle.
- Halt the server and turn off all AC power.
See Prepare to Power Off the Server.
Caution - Danger of electrocution: AC circuits in the server share current. Remove all sources of AC
current from the server.
- Use an antistatic wrist strap to protect the equipment from ESD damage.
- Remove the IOU that uses the I/O power cable assembly.
See Remove an I/O Power Cable Assembly.
- Remove the I/O power cable assembly:
- Disconnect the small bracket and the lower end of the cable from the
IOU support column.
Remove three T20 Torx screws from the front of the bracket.
- Remove the small bracket from the cable.
Remove the two Phillips No. 2 shoulder screws that hold the bracket to
the cable connector. Each shoulder screw includes a spring and a washer.
- Disconnect the upper terminals of the cable from the bus bars.
Remove two T30 screws from each terminal.
- Install the replacement cable.
See Install an I/O Power Cable Assembly .