Remove an Internal USB Flash Drive
The server can be equipped with up to two internal USB Flash drives.
Caution - Ensure that all power is removed from the server before removing or installing
the USB flash drives. You must disconnect the power cables from the system before
performing this procedure.
- Prepare the server for service.
- Power off the server and disconnect the power cords from the server power
See Powering Down the Server.
- Extend the server into maintenance position.
See Extend the Server to the Maintenance Position.
- Attach an antistatic wrist strap.
See Electrostatic Discharge Safety.
- Remove the top cover.
See Remove the Server Top Cover.
- To remove a USB flash drive, grasp the flash drive and pull it
from the slot.
Figure 70 Removing the USB Flash Drive