Install a PCIe Card
Note - PCIe slots 1, 2, and 3 are nonfunctional in single-processor systems.
- Unpack the replacement PCIe card, and place it on an antistatic mat.
- Locate the proper PCIe slot for the card you are replacing.
Note - PCIe slot 6 is the primary slot for the internal HBA for controlling
and managing the storage drives.
- If necessary, remove the PCIe filler panel from the slot.
Note - Save this filler panel in case you ever need to remove the PCIe
card from the system.
- Insert the PCIe card into the correct slot , and rotate the PCIe
locking mechanism to secure the PCIe card in place .
Figure 63 Installing a PCIe Card
- Reconnect the cables to the PCIe card that you unplugged during the removal
- Return the server to operation.
- Install the top cover.
See Install the Top Cover.
- Return the server to the normal rack position.
See Reinstall the Server Chassis in the Rack.
- Connect any required data cables to the PCIe card.
Route data cables through the cable management arm.
- Reconnect the power cords to the power supplies and power on the server.
See Reconnect Power and Data Cables and Power On the Server. Verify that the AC OK LED is lit.
- Use Oracle ILOM to clear the server PCIe card fault.
You can use the Oracle ILOM web interface or the command-line interface (CLI)
to manually clear faults. For information on how to use the Oracle ILOM
web interface or the CLI to clear server faults, see the Oracle Integrated
Lights Out Manager (ILOM) 3.1 Documentation Library at:
- To determine if additional steps are required to complete the installation of the
PCIe card, see the server product notes for the type of PCIe card
For a complete listing of the PCIe host bus adapter (HBA) cards supported
by the server, refer to the Sun Server X3-2L Product Notes at: http://www.oracle.com/pls/topic/lookup?ctx=SunServerX3-2L.