Install the Mounting Brackets
You can optionally mount the server to the floor using the same mounting
brackets that secured the server to the shipping pallet.
Note - You must supply your own 17-mm bolts, nuts, washers, and any other mounting
hardware required to secure the server at your location.
- Obtain the four mounting brackets and the eight 13-mm bolts that secured the brackets
to the server.
- Obtain eight 17-mm bolts and washers that will be used to mount the
server to floor.
Note - Select bolts that are appropriate for your location. These mounting bolts are not
included with the server.
- Drill eight 17-mm holes in the floor for the mounting brackets.
See Mounting Holes and Cable Routing Floor Cutout Specifications for the dimensions of these holes.
Caution - Be careful when moving the server near floor cutouts. If the server's castors
fall into a floor cutout, the floor and the server could be severely
- Position the server over the holes.
- Open the server doors.
- At the front of the server, use a T20 Torx screwdriver to loosen
the three M4 captive screws securing the kick plate to the server.
- Remove the kick plate from the server and set it aside in a
- Using a 13-mm wrench, attach the four mounting brackets to the server using
- Using a 17-mm wrench, mount the server to the floor using the eight
17-mm bolts and washers.
- Using a T20 Torx screwdriver, secure the kick plate to the server using
the three M4 captive screws.
- Lower the four leveling feet.
Lowering the leveling feet will further stabilize the server. See Lower the Leveling Feet.
- Close the server doors.