Remove the Door
Remove the front door to access the front trim and kick plate. You
can follow these same steps to remove the rear door.
- Open the front door and use a T20 screwdriver to remove the M4
screw securing the ground cable connected to the server frame.
Save the M4 screw in a safe location.
- Use a Torx T20 screwdriver to loosen the two M4 screws securing the
upper hinge bracket to the server.
Loosen, but do not remove these screws. Leave the upper hinge bracket loosely
attached to the server.
- Hold the door to keep it from falling, and then lift the upper
hinge bracket to release the door.
- Lift the door off the lower hinge pin and set the door aside.
Note - If you removed the rear door to complete another task, return to that
task. Otherwise, continue to the next step.
- Continue to one of the following procedures based on whether you will be
routing the SP cables down through the floor or up to cable trays
above the server: