Siebel Incentive Compensation Administration Guide > Incentive Compensation Calculations >
Example Process for Compensation Calculations
This section describes the process that an administrator might follow to set up and run compensation calculations. Your company may follow a different process according to its business requirements.
The administrator performs the following procedures.
- Sets up server request processor. The administrator verifies that the Server Request Processor is running before initiating calculations. For more information, see Setting up the Server Request Processor for Calculations.
- Creates calculation run. The administrator creates a calculation run record. For more information, see Creating a New Calculation Run.
- Specify criteria and set flags. The administrator enters calculation run criteria and sets flags such as Archive for Release in the calculation run. For more information, see Specifying Criteria for a Calculation Run, Setting a Dynamic Target Incentive Calculation, and Archiving Calculation Run Data for Release.
- Adds plans for calculation run. The administrator selects one or more compensation plans to include in the calculation run. For more information, see Selecting a Plan for a Calculation Run.
- Adds run plan rules and participants. The administrator adds or updates run plan rules and participants as needed to the calculation run. For more information, see Adding a Calculation Run Plan Rule, Adding a Calculation Plan Participant and Updating a Calculation Run Using Populate Plans.
- Runs calculation. The administrator starts the server process for the calculation run. For more information, see Running the Compensation Calculation Engine.
- Releases calculation run. The administrator releases the calculation run to make compensation information available for review. For more information, see Releasing Compensation Information.
The administrator also performs the following maintenance tasks associated with calculation runs.