Siebel Incentive Compensation Administration Guide > Transaction Workbook Imports and Exports >
Example Process Flow for Transaction Workbook
Figure 9 shows the process an administrator might follow when working with Transaction Workbook imports and exports. Your company may follow a different process according to its business requirements.
Figure 9. Example Process Flow for Transaction Workbook
The administrator performs the following procedures.
- Creates invoices and records payments against invoices. The administrator creates invoices for orders that will be imported, and records payments against the invoices. For more information, see Creating Invoices for Orders to Be Imported and Recording a Payment Against an Invoice.
- Imports transactions. The administrator imports orders into the Transaction Workbook. For more information, see Importing an Order into the Transaction Workbook.
- Adjusts transactions. The administrator reviews and makes adjustments to order transactions in the Transaction Workbook. For more information, see Changing a Transaction in the Transaction Workbook, Changing a Transaction Line Item.
- Adjusts compensation. If changes to orders occur, the administrator adjusts the compensation amount in the Transaction Workbook. For more information, see Adjusting a Transaction Compensation Amount and Canceling a Transaction.
- Imports changed orders. The administrator adds Net Change Transactions to the Transaction Workbook and imports changed orders. Net Change Transactions and the Transaction Workbook and Importing Changed Orders from the Order Module.
- Exporting transactions to Calculation Workbook. The administrator runs a server process that exports transactions to the Calculation Workbook, and then reviews the data. For more information, see Exporting a Transaction to the Calculation Workbook and Reviewing Data in the Calculation Workbook.
- Accumulates transactions for compensation. The administrator aggregates the achievements of sales representatives in the Achievement Container. For more information, see Exporting Data to the Achievement Container Workbook.
- Entering scores into the Employee Workbook. The administrator enters performance scores for employee that are used when determining bonuses. For more information, see Entering Scores in the Employee Workbook.