Remove and Install the System Battery
To remove and replace the system battery (type CR2032) on the Netra Blade
- Prepare the blade for service.
See Preparing the Blade for ServiceP.
- To dislodge the battery from its holder, gently push the top edge of
the battery away from the battery holder .
See the following illustration.
- Remove the battery .
Caution - Exercise caution when removing the battery. The battery is located near the blade
- Orient the new battery so that the + symbol faces towards the blade
- Insert the battery into the holder, and then press the battery into position.
- Clear CMOS NVRAM.
To clear CMOS NVRAM, press the white SW1801 button on the motherboard.
The BIOS settings revert to the default settings.
- Access the BIOS Setup Utility to configure the BIOS time and date settings,
See Administration, Setting Up the Blade With BIOS Setup Utility.
- Prepare the blade for operation.
See Returning Blade to Operation .