How to Install Missing Drivers
If the utility detects a device that does not have a driver
attached, that device is selected on the device list. You can display
more information about the device and install the missing driver.
- In the Device Driver Utility list, right-click
the device name, then choose Show Details from the pop–up menu.
The Device and Driver Details window is displayed. It shows
the device name, vendor name, node name, driver name, and other detailed
information about the device.
- To display more details about a missing driver, click
the Info link for the selected device.
If no driver is currently managing the device, the Driver column
of the device list displays a status for the driver of that device.
The missing driver is shown as belonging to one of the following categories:
IPS – One of your configured
IPS package repositories.
SVR4 – A System V Revision
4 (SVR4) package.
DU – A DU package.
UNK – The Device Driver Utility
cannot locate an Oracle Solaris driver for this device.
Tip - For additional information, click the Help button.
- Install the missing driver.
- For an IPS driver:
- Click the Info link in the corresponding row of the table
to display information about the IPS package that contains the driver
for the device.
The text field for the Package radio button
is populated with the relevant package information. The correct publisher
- Click the Install button to install the package.
- If the Info link lists an IPS package from a publisher
that is not configured:
- Select Add Repository from the Repositories menu.
The Repositories manager window is displayed.
- Add the name and URI of the new repository, then click
- If the Package field is not populated, type the name of
the IPS package from the Info link, then click Install.
- For an SVR4 or DU driver:
- If a URL for the package is provided, type the URL in
the File/URL field, then click Install.
- If you have a copy of the package on your system, click
the Browse button and select the package, then click Install.
- If the driver status is displayed as UNK:
- Select the name of the device that you want this driver
- Type the relevant package information in either the Package
field or the File/URL field, then click Install.
- (Optional)To share information about a driver
that works for the device, click the Submit button.
When you are working in the Device Driver Utility, you can share
information with other users about any driver that you've found that
works for a particular device. See How to List Your System in the HCL.