How to Configure a Zone as a Single-Level
Before You Begin
The zone must not be sharing an IP address with the global zone. You
must be in the System Administrator role in the global zone.
- Add a workspace.
For details, see How to Add a Workspace at Your Minimum Label in Trusted Extensions User’s Guide.
- Change the label of the new workspace to the label of the zone
that will be the print server for that label.
For details, see How to Change the Label of a Workspace in Trusted Extensions User’s Guide.
- Define the characteristics of every connected printer.
Follow Step 1 through Step 6 in How to Configure a Multilevel Print Server and Its Printers to configure your zone printer.
The attached printers can print jobs only at the label of the zone.
- Test the printer.
For security reasons, files with an administrative label, ADMIN_HIGH
, print ADMIN_HIGH
the body of the printout. The banner and trailer pages are labeled with the
highest label and compartments in the label_encodings
As root and as a regular user, perform the following
- Print text and PostScript files from the command line.
# lp /etc/motd ~/PostScriptTest.ps
% lp $HOME/file1.txt $HOME/PublicTest.ps
- Print files from your applications, such as mail, Oracle OpenOffice,
Adobe Reader, and your browser.
- Verify that banner pages, trailer pages, and body page labels