Set Up the Remote Console
- View or establish an IP address for the server SP.
To log in to Oracle ILOM remotely using either the command-line interface or
the web interface, you must know the IP address of the server SP.
For instructions on determining the server's IP address, see the Installation, Determining the IP Address of the Server SP.
- If you are using a web-based client connection, perform these steps; otherwise go
to the next step.
- In a web browser, type the IP address for the server SP.
- Log in to the Oracle ILOM web interface.
- Redirect the video output from the server to the web client by launching
the Oracle ILOM Remote Console.
- If necessary, enable device redirection (mouse, keyboard, etc.) in the Devices menu.
- If you are using an SSH client connection, perform these steps.
- From a serial console, establish an SSH connection to the server SP (ssh
root@hostname, where hostname can be the DNS name or the IP address for the
- Log in to Oracle ILOM.
- Redirect the serial output from the server to the SSH client by typing:
-> start /HOST/console