Install a Power Supply
Note - For residual power discharge, the power supply slot must remain vacant for at
least one minute before installing a power supply.
- Identify the prerequisite and subsequent service tasks you must perform in conjunction with this
See Servicing Power Supplies.
- Inspect the replacement power supply.
See Inspecting a Power Supply.
- Verify that the slot where the power supply installs is clean and free
- Verify that the slot connector pins are straight and not missing.
- Verify that the slot connector receptacles are free from obstructions.
- Orient the power supply to the opening in the switch chassis with the
status LEDs on the left and the release tab on the right.
- Slide the power supply into the open slot, pushing at the handle.
- When the power supply seats, push firmly so that the release tab clicks
to secure the power supply into the chassis.
- Power on the power supply.
See Power On a Power Supply.