How to Move the Mail Queue, /var/spool/mqueue
If you are moving the mail queue,
follow these instructions.
- Become an administrator on the mail host.
For more information, see Using Your Assigned Administrative Rights in Securing Users and Processes in Oracle Solaris 11.2
- Kill the sendmail daemon.
# svcadm disable network/smtp:sendmail
Now sendmail is no longer processing the
- Change to the /var/spool directory.
# cd /var/spool
- Move the directory, mqueue,
and all its contents to the omqueue directory.
Then create a new empty directory that is named mqueue.
# mv mqueue omqueue; mkdir mqueue
- Set the permissions of the directory
to read/write/execute by owner, and read/execute by group. Also, set
the owner and group to daemon.
# chmod 750 mqueue; chown root:bin mqueue
- Start sendmail.
# svcadm enable network/smtp:sendmail