Install the Air Filter
Installing the air filter is a hot-plug operation. You do not need to
power off the server before installing the air filter.
- Consider your first steps:
If you are replacing an air filter, remove the faulty air filter first, then return to this procedure, Step 2. See Remove the Air Filter.
If you are installing the filter tray as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, go to Step 4.
- Feed the edges of the air filter under the restraining hooks of the
- Massage the filter in the filter tray so that there are no folds
or wrinkles, and so that the air filter lies flat against the filter
- Install the filter tray to the server, with the indicators in the upper
The bezel snaps into place.
- Consider your next steps:
If you installed the filter tray as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, return to that procedure. See Component FRU Names and Service Links for assistance.
If you installed the air filter as part of a replacement operation, you are finished.