Install a DIMM
Installing a DIMM is a cold-service operation. You must power off the server
before installing a DIMM.
- Consider your first steps:
If you are replacing a DIMM, remove the faulty or obsolete DIMM first, then return to this procedure, Step 2.
See Remove a DIMM.
If you are installing a new or an additional DIMM, see the following topics in order:
If you are installing the DIMM as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, go to Step 2.
- Open the release levers of the slot where you are installing the DIMM
- Align the DIMM to the location where it installs into the chassis.
Ensure that the notch in the DIMM lines up with the key
in the slot.
- Insert the DIMM into the slot, pressing firmly so that both release levers
click closed (pane 2).
- Repeat from Step 2 for any additional DIMMs to be installed.
- Consider your next steps:
If you installed the DIMM as part of a replacement operation, go to Step 7.
If you installed the DIMM as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, return to that procedure. See Component FRU Names and Service Links for assistance.
If you have installed a new DIMM, go to Step 7.
- Install the DVD tray (if removed).
See Install the DVD Tray.
- Finish the installation procedure.