Install a Hard Drive
Installing the hard drive is a hot-plug operation. You do not need to
power off the server before installing the hard drive.
- Consider your first steps:
If you are replacing a hard drive, remove the faulty or obsolete hard drive first, then return to this procedure, Step 2. See Remove a Hard Drive.
If you are installing a new or an additional hard drive, see the following topics in order:
If you are installing the hard drive as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, go to Step 2.
- Push the release button of the hard drive.
- Align the hard drive with the slot where the hard drive installs into
the chassis (pane 1).
The connector is at the rear of the hard drive. The release lever
is at the bottom front of the hard drive.
- Push on the area below the release button and slide the hard drive
into the chassis until the release lever rises slightly (pane 1).
- Press the release lever closed to fully seat the hard drive into the
chassis (pane 2).
- Consider your next steps:
If you installed the hard drive as part of a replacement operation, go to Step 7.
If you installed the hard drive as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, return to that procedure. See Component FRU Names and Service Links for assistance.
- Install the filter tray.
See Install the Air Filter.
- Finish the installation procedure.