Install the Motherboard
Installing the motherboard is a cold-service operation. You must power off the server
before installing the motherboard.
- Consider your first steps:
If you are replacing a motherboard, remove the faulty or obsolete motherboard first, then return to this procedure, Step 2. See Remove the Motherboard.
If you are installing the motherboard as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, go to Step 2.
- Align the motherboard to the location where it installs into the chassis.
The components point up, and the connectors are at the rear of the
- Insert the rear of the motherboard into the rear panel of the chassis
- Pivot the motherboard down and onto the standoffs (pane 2).
- Align the holes in the motherboard to the ridges of the standoffs.
- Install the 15 screws and 2 standoffs into the motherboard.
Do not tighten the screws at this time.
- Tighten the screws, working from the center of the motherboard to the outer
Securely tighten the bus bar screws.
- Install the ID PROM.
See Install the ID PROM.
- Install the SP.
See Install the SP.
- Install the DIMMs.
See Install a DIMM.
- Install all cables to the motherboard.
- Install the PCIe2 riser cards.
See Install a PCIe2 Riser Card.
- Install the PCIe2 mezzanine board.
See Install the PCIe2 Mezzanine Board.
- Install the signal interface board.
See Install the Signal Interface Board.
- Install the DVD tray.
See Install the DVD Tray.
- Install the hard drive fan.
See Install the Hard Drive Fan.
- Install the fans.
See Install a Fan Module.
- Finish the installation procedure.