Install the Fan Board
Installing the fan board is a cold-service operation. You must power off the
server before installing the fan board.
- Consider your first steps:
If you are replacing a fan board, remove the faulty or obsolete fan board first, then return to this procedure, Step 2. See Remove the Fan Board.
If you are installing the fan board as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, go to Step 2.
- Align the fan board to the location where it installs onto the DVD
The power and signal connectors fit into the cut-outs of the DVD tray.
- Secure the fan board to the DVD tray with the six screws.
Note - Make sure that the interface connector connects properly.
- Secure the air baffle to the DVD tray with the five screws.
- Consider your next steps:
If you installed the fan board as part of a replacement operation, go to Step 6.
If you installed the fan board as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, return to that procedure. See Component FRU Names and Service Links for assistance.
- Install the DVD tray.
See Install the DVD Tray.
- Finish the installation procedure.