Remove the SP
Removing the SP is a cold-service operation. You must power off the server
before you remove the SP.
- Consider your first step:
If you have not prepared for service, do so now. See Preparing for Service.
If you are removing the SP as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, go to Step 2.
- Remove the PCIe2 mezzanine board.
See Remove the PCIe2 Mezzanine Board.
- Remove the left PCIe2 riser card.
See Remove a PCIe2 Riser Card.
- Remove the two screws that secure the SP in place.
- Grasp the front and rear of the SP near the PCIe2 socket and
pull straight up.
- Lift the SP out of the chassis and set the SP aside.
- Consider your next steps:
If you removed the SP as part of a replacement operation, install a new SP. See Install the SP.
If you removed the SP as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, return to that procedure. See Component FRU Names and Service Links for assistance.