Install the Hard Drive Backplane
Installing the hard drive backplane is a cold-service operation. You must power off
the server before installing the hard drive backplane.
- Consider your first steps:
If you are replacing a hard drive backplane, remove the faulty or obsolete hard drive backplane first, then return to this procedure, Step 2. See Remove the Hard Drive Backplane.
If you are installing the hard drive backplane as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, go to Step 2.
- Align the hard drive backplane to the location where it installs into the
The flat flexible connector points up and the hard drive connectors are towards
the front of the chassis.
- Tilt the hard drive backplane slightly backwards and lower it into the chassis
- Align the bottom edge of the hard drive backplane with the tabs in
- Tilt the hard drive backplane forward against the hard drive bay (pane 2).
- Tighten the captive screws (pane 1).
- Attach the signal cable to the hard drive backplane (pane 2).
- Attach the flat flexible cable from the signal interface board to the hard
drive backplane (pane 2).
- Consider your next steps:
If you installed the hard drive backplane as part of a replacement operation, go to Step 10.
If you installed the hard drive backplane as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, return to that procedure. See Component FRU Names and Service Links for assistance.
- Install the hard drive fan.
See Install the Hard Drive Fan.
- Install the hard drives.
See Install a Hard Drive.
- Finish the installation procedure.