Install a Fan Module
Installing a fan module is a hot-plug operation. You do not need to
power off the server before installing the fan module.
Note - The fan module automatically spins up on insertion.
- Consider your first steps:
If you are replacing a fan module, remove the faulty or obsolete fan module first, then return to this procedure, Step 2. See Remove a Fan Module.
If you are installing a new or additional fan module, see the following topics in order:
If you are installing the fan module as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, go to Step 2.
- Align the fan module to the location where it installs into the chassis.
The lever is on the bottom front of the fan module, the
connector is on the top rear.
- Move the lever to the left and slide the fan module into the
chassis (pane 1).
- Push the fan module into the chassis until the lever moves slightly to
the right (pane 2).
- Move the lever to the right to fully seat the fan module into
- Consider your next steps:
If you installed the fan module as part of a replacement operation, go to Step 7.
If you installed the fan module as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, return to that procedure. See Component FRU Names and Service Links for assistance.
- Install the filter tray.
See Install the Air Filter.
- Finish the installation procedure.