Remove the Fan Board
Removing the fan board is a cold-service operation. You must power off the
server before you remove the fan board.
- Consider your first step:
If you have not prepared for service, do so now. See Preparing for Service.
If you are removing the fan board as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, go to Step 2.
- Remove the DVD tray.
See Remove the DVD Tray.
- Flip the DVD tray over and remove the five screews that secure the
air baffle to the DVD tray, and remove the air baffle.
- Remove the six screws that secure the fan board to the DVD tray,
and gently lift the board from the bracket.
Note - Use care when separating the interface connector.
- Lift the fan board away from the DVD tray and set the fan
- Consider your next steps:
If you removed the fan board as part of a replacement operation, install a new fan board. See Install the Fan Board.
If you removed the fan board as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, return to that procedure. See Component FRU Names and Service Links for assistance.