Install the Power Distribution Board
Installing the power distribution board is a cold-service operation.
- Consider your first steps:
If you are replacing a power distribution board, remove the faulty or obsolete power distribution board first, then return to this procedure, Step 2. See Remove the Power Distribution Board.
If you are installing the power distribution board as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, go to Step 2.
- Align the power distribution board to the location where it installs into the
The bus bars point down and the power connectors are toward the rear
of the chassis.
- Lower the power distribution board straight down into the chassis (pane 1).
Ensure that the board slides into the guides.
- Install and tighten the four bus bar screws and tighten the captive screws
Note - Ensure that the bus bar screws are securely tightened.
- Attach the ribbon cable from the signal interface board to the power distribution
board (pane 2).
- Consider your next steps:
If you installed the power distribution board as part of a replacement operation, go to Step 7.
If you installed the power distribution board as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, return to that procedure. See Component FRU Names and Service Links for assistance.
- Install the power supplies.
See Install a Power Supply.
- Finish the installation procedure.