Install the SP
Installing the SP is a cold-service operation. You must power off the server
before installing the SP.
- Consider your first steps:
If you are replacing a SP, remove the faulty or obsolete SP first, then return to this procedure, Step 2. See Remove the SP.
If you are installing the SP as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, go to Step 2.
- Align the SP to where it installs into the chassis.
The connector on the bottom of the SP aligns to the connector left
of the left PCIe2 socket.
- Press the right side of the SP down firmly into the connector.
- Install the two screws that secure the SP in place.
- Consider your next steps:
If you installed the SP as part of a replacement operation, go to Step 6.
If you installed the SP as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, return to that procedure. See Component FRU Names and Service Links for assistance.
- Install the left PCIe2 riser card.
See Install a PCIe2 Riser Card.
- Install the PCIe2 mezzanine board.
See Install the PCIe2 Mezzanine Board.
- Finish the installation procedure.