Install the DVD Tray
Installing the DVD tray is a cold-service operation. You do not need to
must run commands on power off the server before installing the DVD tray.
- Consider your first steps:
If you are replacing a DVD tray, remove the faulty or obsolete DVD tray first, then return to this procedure, Step 2. See Remove the DVD Tray.
If you are installing the DVD tray as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, go to Step 2.
- Align the DVD tray to the location where it installs into the chassis.
The DVD tray has the LED board to the front left top.
- Lower the DVD tray to the chassis and slide the DVD tray forward
- Tighten the two captive screws (pane 2).
- Attach the signal cable and power cable from the signal interface board to
the DVD tray.
- Consider your next steps:
If you installed the DVD tray as part of a replacement operation, go to Step 7.
If you installed the DVD tray as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, return to that procedure. See Component FRU Names and Service Links for assistance.
- Install the DVD drive.
See Install the DVD Drive.
- Finish the installation procedure.
See Returning the Server to Operation.