Remove an I/O Switch Board
- Use one of these Oracle ILOM commands to display faulty components:
-> show faulty
-> show /System/Open_Problems
See View Log Files (Oracle ILOM) for examples.
- Stop the PDomain that has the I/O switch board:
- Determine which DCU (DCU_x) has the I/O switch board.
-> show /System/DCUs
- Determine which PDomain contains DCU_x.
-> show /System/DCUs/DCU_x host_assigned
host_assigned = HOSTy
The y in HOSTy indicates that the PDomain is PDomain_y.
- Stop the specified PDomain (PDomain_y):
-> stop /Servers/PDomains/PDomain_y/HOST
- Light the blue Ready to Remove LED on the IOB.
- Light the LED:
-> set /SYS/IOUx/IOBy prepare_to_remove_action=true
- Verify that the LED is lit:
-> show /SYS/IOUx/IOBy prepare_to_remove_status
prepare_to_remove_status = Ready
Note - If you change your mind and decide not to remove this component, execute
the return_to_service_action command from the above path.
- Locate the lit blue Ready to Remove LED.
The I/O switch board is in an IOU at the rear of
- Use an antistatic wrist strap to protect the equipment from ESD damage.
- Remove the I/O switch board:
- Squeeze the locks on the extraction lever handles.
- Swing the extraction levers into the horizontal position.
- Pull the I/O switch board out of the slot.
- Install the replacement I/O switch board.
See Install an I/O Switch Board.