Remove a Filler Panel From the Server
If a carrier contains a blank filler panel, the LEDs on the carrier
If the carrier LEDs are lit or blinking, the carrier contains an I/O
card. See Remove an I/O Card From the Server.
- Use an antistatic wrist strap to protect the equipment from ESD damage.
- Remove the carrier from the slot:
- Pull the carrier's extraction lever.
The lever is held in place by friction.
- Swing the extraction lever out 90 degrees until the far end of the
lever begins to push the carrier out of the slot.
- Remove the carrier from the slot.
- Place the carrier on a static-safe workspace.
- Remove the filler panel from the carrier.
See Remove a Filler Panel From a Carrier