Install an SSB
- Use an antistatic wrist strap to protect the equipment from ESD damage.
- Squeeze the locks on the extraction levers and open the extraction levers to
the horizontal position.
- Insert the SSB and push it into the slot until the extraction levers
start to close.
- Close the extraction levers until they lock into place.
- Determine your next step:
- If none of the PDomains is expandable, go to Step 8. There is no need
to restart any PDomain.
- If there is a mix of nonexpandable (bounded) and expandable PDomains, go to
- If all PDomains are expandable, go to Step 6.
- If all PDomains are expandable, restart the server and then go to Step 8.
Skip Step 7.
-> start /System
- If there are both nonexpandable (bounded) and expandable PDomains, start only the expandable
These are the PDomains that you identified as expandable in Step 5.
- Start an expandable PDomain.
-> start /Servers/PDomains/PDomain_x/HOST
- Repeat for any remaining expandable PDomains.
- Return the replaced component to Oracle.
See Return a Component to Oracle.