Remove the Scalability Fans Cable
- Use an antistatic wrist strap to protect the equipment from ESD damage.
- Unpack and inspect the replacement cable.
Caution - Use an antistatic mat to protect the cable.
- Halt and power down the server.
See Prepare to Power Off the Server.
- Remove the front door.
See Remove the Door.
- Remove trim panels to protect them from being scratched.
See Remove the Trim Panels to remove the following parts.
- Remove the two side trim panels.
- Remove trim panel standoffs.
Remove the standoffs nearest to the scalability card cage to protect them from
- Remove the scalability card cage.
See Remove the Scalability Card Cage.
- Undo four T20 Torx screws to remove the access panel from the side
of the scalability card cage.
Note - There are two scalability fan cables, one on the left side of the
server and one on the right. The replacement cable can be used for
- Reach into the opening to disconnect the cable.
Disconnect the two small connectors from the interior of the card cage. Disconnect
the large connector from the rear of the scalability card cage.
- If you are removing both cables, repeat Step 7 and Step 8 for the second cable.