Install a DIMM
- Use an antistatic wrist strap to protect the equipment from ESD damage.
- If you are replacing a DIMM, go to Step 5.
Note - Do not move a suspected faulty DIMM to another DIMM slot for troubleshooting
purposes. Complications might arise.
- If you are installing new DIMMs to expand memory on a CMU, remove
See Remove a CMU .
- Use a T20 Torx driver to remove the CMU cover.
- Install a DIMM in the socket.
- Install the CMU cover.
Tighten captive screws at the four corners of the CMU.
- Install the CMU in the server.
See Install a CMU .