Remove a Midplane Power Cable
- Prepare the front of the server if you have not already done so.
See Prepare to Remove a Midplane Power Cable.
- Disconnect the lower ends of the midplane power cables.
- Undo three T20 Torx screws to remove the plastic housing that contains the
lower ends of the two cables.
Note - Take care not to drop the screws. These are not captive screws.
- Separate the inner and outer halves of the plastic housing to release the
The halves slide apart.
- Determine your next step.
You can now replace one or both of the cables.
- To replace the negative cable, see Step 3.
- To replace the positive cable, see Step 4.
- To remove the negative midplane power cable, loosen two T20 captive Torx screws
at the top of the cable.
- To remove the positive midplane power cable, do the following.
The top of the cable is hidden behind several layers of cables.
- Remove T20 Torx screws to disconnect the top connectors of the cable-tied cable
assembly (panel 1).
If you do not need to replace the negative midplane power cable, ignore
the loose single cable shown in the illustration.
- Undo T20 Torx screws on one negative and one positive bus cables that
block access to the positive midplane power cable (panel 2)
- Loosen two T20 captive Torx screws to remove the positive midplane power cable
- To install replacement cables, see Install a Midplane Power Cable .