Remove an EMS
If the EMS is in a SPARC M5-32 or early SPARC M6-32 server,
see EMS and Hard Drive Cage Compatibility . Be certain that you have the correct replacement.
- Use one of these Oracle ILOM commands to display faulty components:
-> show faulty
-> show /System/Open_Problems
See View Log Files (Oracle ILOM) for examples.
- Identify which EMS has faulted by locating the path /SYS/IOUx/EMSy.
- At the rear of the server, locate the EMS and press the ATTN
button on the EMS panel.
The EMS's Power OK LED should go off, indicating that the EMS is
ready to be removed.
- Use an antistatic wrist strap to protect the equipment from ESD damage.
- Label and remove cables from the EMS.
- Remove the EMS:
- Press the end of the plastic locking handle and swing the end of
the extraction lever out 90 degrees.
- Pull the EMS out of the slot.
- Install an EMS.
See Install an EMS.