Remove Side Panels
Each side panel is in two pieces.
Note - There are no serviceable components behind the side panels.
- Prepare the server as needed:
- If there is sufficient space around the server to remove the side panels,
go to Step 2.
- If the server is located between other servers and there is no room
to remove the side panels, power down the server so you can move
it to a place where the sides are accessible:
- Turn off all AC power to the server.
See Removing Power From the Server.
- Disconnect the server's AC cords.
See Remove an AC Power Cord.
- Label and disconnect the server's I/O cables and any other connections such as
- Raise the leveling feet or remove any mounting brackets.
- Move the server to a location where you can access the side panels.
- Loosen captive T20 Torx screws on the side panels.
Caution - A rear side panel weighs 47 lbs (21 kg). Two people are required
to move it. A front side panel weighs 27 lbs (12 kg).
- Pull the side panels away from the bottom of the server, then left
the panels off.