Install the Scalability Fans Cable
- Use an antistatic wrist strap to protect the equipment from ESD damage.
- If the side access panel has not already been removed, undo four T20
Torx screws to remove the panel.
Note - There are two scalability fan cables, one on the left side of the
server and one on the right. The replacement cable can be used for
- Inside the opening, connect the large cable connector to the rear of the
cage, then connect the two small cable connectors to the small sockets inside
the card cage.
The connectors are not reversible.
- Use four T20 Torx screws to attach the access panel.
- If you are replacing both cables, repeat Step 2 through Step 4 for the second cable.
- Install the scalability card cage.
See Install the Scalability Card Cage.
- Install the standoffs and trim panels.
See Install Trim Panels .
- Install the front door.
See Install the Door .
- Restart the server.
See Returning the Server to Operation.