Prepare to Replace Crown Clips on a Bus Bar
- Determine which set of bus bars have to be repaired.
There are bus bars behind each power supply. Locate the faulty power supply
to determine which bus bars need repairs.
See Locate the Component.
- If you have not prepared for service, do so now.
See Preparing for Service.
- Remove the front door.
See Remove the Door.
- Remove trim panels to protect them from being scratched.
See Remove the Trim Panels to remove the following parts.
- Remove the two side trim panels.
- Remove the top trim panel.
- Remove trim panel standoffs.
Remove the top three standoffs on each side to protect them from breakage.
- Use an antistatic wrist strap to protect the equipment from ESD damage.
- Remove the power system cage.
See Remove the Power System Cage.