Remove a Hard Drive Cage
Before you start, determine that the replacement is the correct version of hard
drive cage. See EMS and Hard Drive Cage Compatibility .
- Determine if a DCU is part of a PDomain.
-> show /System/DCUs/DCU_x host_assigned
host_assigned = HOSTy
- Stop the PDomain that contains the hard drive cage.
-> stop /Servers/PDomains/PDomain_y/HOST
- Use an antistatic wrist strap to protect the equipment from ESD damage.
- Remove all drives from the hard drive cage.
Note the order of the hard drives. They must be installed in the
same order in the replacement cage.
- Unlock the captive T25 Torx screw at the bottom of the hard drive
- Pull out the cage.
- Install a hard drive cage.
See Install a Hard Drive Cage.