Install a Service Processor
- Use an antistatic wrist strap to protect the equipment from ESD damage.
- Insert the service processor and push it into the slot until the extraction
levers start to close.
- Close the extraction levers fully until they lock into place.
- Install the serial management and network management cables to the card.
Serial management is the upper port.
Network management is the lower port.
Note - Refer to the Installation Guide for instructions on managing and routing cables.
- Use Oracle ILOM to restart the service processor:
-> start /SYS/SPx
- If you stopped all the hosts previously, you can restart them now:
Do this only if you stopped all the hosts in Step 4 in
Remove a Service Processor.
-> start /System
- Return the replaced component to Oracle.
See Return a Component to Oracle.