Install a CMU
Note - The CMU replacement kit includes plastic covers to protect CMU connectors. Do not
discard the covers. The covers are to be returned to Oracle.
- Use an antistatic wrist strap to protect the equipment from ESD damage.
Caution - The CMU is very susceptible to ESD damage. Use an antistatic wrist strap
when working with the CMU. Use a grounded antistatic mat, particularly when opening
a packaged CMU.
- Unpack the CMU on a static-safe mat.
A new CMU does not have DIMMs. The DIMMs from the old
CMU will be transferred to the new CMU in this procedure.
Caution - A CMU is heavy. Without DIMMs, a CMU weighs 44.4 lbs (20.1 kg).
A fully-loaded CMU weighs 56 lbs (25.5 kg).
- Transfer DIMMs from the old CMU to the new CMU.
See Move DIMMs to a New CMU.
- Transfer the plastic covers from the connectors on the new CMU to the
connectors on the old CMU.
- Unfold the CMU carrying handle (panel 1) and use the carrying handle and
the extraction knob to place the CMU in the slot (panel 2).
- Fold the carrying handle down into the top of the CMU (panel 3).
- Squeeze the levers of the extraction lever handles and rotate the extraction lever
levers to the fully horizontal position (panel 1).
- Use the extraction knob to slide the CMU into the slot until CMU
nears the end of the slot and the extraction levers start to close
- Close the extraction levers to the vertical (locked) position.
- Restart the PDomain.
See Restart a PDomain.
- Return the replaced component to Oracle.
See Return a Component to Oracle.
Include the plastic covers (Step 4) with the component.