Remove the Rear LED Panel Cable
- Halt and power down the server.
See Prepare to Power Off the Server.
- Remove the front door.
See Remove the Door.
- Remove trim panels to protect them from being scratched.
See Remove the Trim Panels to remove the following parts.
- Remove the two side trim panels.
- Remove trim panel standoffs.
Remove the standoffs on each side to protect them from breakage.
- Use an antistatic wrist strap to protect the equipment from ESD damage.
- Remove the front filler panel.
See Remove the Front Filler Panel.
- Remove the upper fan cage.
See Remove the Upper Fan Cage.
- Remove the scalability card cage.
See Remove the Scalability Card Cage.
- Remove the lower fan cage.
See Remove the Lower Fan Cage.
- Go to the rear of the server and remove the rear LED panel.
See Remove the Rear LED Panel.
Set the rear LED panel on an antistatic mat.
- Return to the front of the server and disconnect the lower end of
the rear LED panel cable from the bracket.
The connector plugs into the bracket without screws.
If necessary, disconnect the bracket from the chassis. Two T20 Torx screws hold
the bracket to the chassis. This bracket holds three cable connectors. To install
the bracket, tighten the screws to 15 in-lb. See Torque Reference.
The cable is included in a group of cables that are routed up
the side of the server. Three long brackets hold the cables in place.
- Remove the cable brackets that hold cables to the side of the cabinet:
The figure below shows cable brackets on the right side of the cabinet.
The cable brackets on the left side of the cabinet are removed in
the same way.
- Remove the T20 Torx screw from the end of a bracket.
- Pull the bracket out and set it aside.
- Repeat these steps for the remaining brackets.
- Install the new cable.
See Install the Rear LED Panel Cable.