Install a Clock Board
- Use an antistatic wrist strap to protect the equipment from ESD damage.
- Use a T20 Torx screwdriver to loosen the captive screws on the extraction
- Open the extraction levers to the horizontal position (panel 1).
- Insert the replacement clock board and push it into the slot until the
extraction levers touch the cabinet and start to close (panel 2).
- Close the extraction levers and tighten the captive screws.
Tighten the screws to 15 in-lb. See Torque Reference.
Note - The clock board will not be detected and configured until the server is
- Determine your next step:
- If the PDomains are not stopped, go to Step 9 to configure the clock board.
- If the PDomains are stopped, go to Step 7 to restart them.
- If the PDomains are stopped, enter:
-> start /System
- Display the state of the clock board:
-> show /SYS/CLOCKx requested_config_state
- Configure the clock board.
-> start /SYS/CLOCKx
- Return the replaced component to Oracle.
See Return a Component to Oracle.