Replace a Service Processor Battery
Each service processor has a battery.
- Check the state of the battery.
See Check a Service Processor Battery.
- If the battery is faulty, remove the service processor.
See Remove a Service Processor.
- Remove the cover from the service processor.
- Press the green latches on the cover to unlock it (panel 1).
- Slide the cover backward and lift it off (panel 2).
- Use a small flat screwdriver or similar tool to carefully pry the battery
out of the battery holder.
- To insert the new battery, press it straight down into the battery holder.
The positive side of the battery faces up.
- Install the cover.
Place the cover on the case, then slide the cover toward you until
the green latches lock the cover in place.