Remove a Drive Filler Panel
The drive filler panel has no active components, so the slot is powered
off. The drive filler panel is ready to remove.
- Use an antistatic wrist strap to protect the equipment from ESD damage.
- Press the release button on the drive filler panel.
The extraction lever under the release button swings partially open.
- Swing the extraction lever to the horizontal position.
- Pull the drive filler panel out of the slot.
Note - Do not leave a slot empty. The server might overheat.
- Install a drive or drive filler panel in the empty slot.