Install an EMS
If the EMS is in a SPARC M5-32 or early SPARC M6-32 server,
see EMS and Hard Drive Cage Compatibility . Be certain that you have the correct replacement.
- Use an antistatic wrist strap to protect the equipment from ESD damage.
- Install the EMS in the slot.
- Swing the end of the extraction lever out 90 degrees.
- Insert the EMS in the slot and push it until the extraction lever
touches the front of the slot and begins to swing shut.
- Close the extraction lever until the plastic locking handle snaps into place.
- Attach network cables to the RJ45 network ports.
Note - Refer to Server Installation, installing and routing cables.
- Press the ATTN button on the EMS to reconfigure the EMS into the
- To check the EMS network link speeds, do one of the following:
- At the EMS, observe the link speed LEDs on the ports. See EMS Network Port LEDs.
Amber = 10 Gb/sec
Green = 1 Gb/sec
Off = 100BASE‐T
- At a terminal:
- In the /etc/path_to_inst file, find the ixgbe instances for the EMS.
- Use the data-link administration command to display the link speeds for the ixgbe
instances that you found:
# dladm show-phys
LINK MEDIA STATE SPEED DUPLEX DEVICE
net0 Ethernet up 10000 full ixgbe0
net2 Ethernet down 0 unknown ixgbe2
- Return the replaced component to Oracle.
See Return a Component to Oracle.