Remove a CMU
Note - If a CMP module is faulty, replace the entire CMU.
- Display information about a CMU:
- Determine how much memory is in the DCU or system.
You will need this information when restarting the PDomain.
- Stop the PDomain that contains the CMU.
- Determine which PDomain contains the CMU.
See Display General CMU Information .
- Stop the PDomain.
-> stop /Servers/PDomains/PDomain_y/HOST
- Light the blue Ready to Remove LED on the CMU (CMUx).
- Light the LED:
-> set /SYS/CMUx prepare_to_remove_action=true
- Verify that the LED is lit:
-> show /SYS/CMUx prepare_to_remove_status
prepare_to_remove_status = Ready
- Go to the server and locate the CMU displaying the lit blue Ready
to Remove LED.
Note - If you change your mind and decide not to remove this component, execute
the return_to_service_action command from the above path.
- Use an antistatic wrist strap to protect the equipment from ESD damage.
A 12 ft (3.6 m) antistatic wrist strap is included with the replacement
- Remove the CMU.
- Squeeze the CMU extraction lever handles to unlock them and rotate the extraction
levers to the horizontal position (panel 1).
- Pull the CMU out of the slot (panel 2) until the carrying handle
Caution - The CMU is heavy. A fully-loaded CMU weighs 56 lbs (25.5 kg).
- Unfold the carrying handle at the top of the CMU (panel 3).
- Holding the carrying handle and the extraction knob, pull the CMU out of
the slot (panel 4).
- Place the CMU on a static-safe mat.
- Determine your next step: