Confirm the Site Preparation
- Review the safety guidelines.
See Oracle Safety Information for more information.
- Note problems or peculiarities at the site that require special equipment.
For example, ensure that the doors are tall enough and wide enough for
See Shipping Container Dimensions and Physical Dimensions for more information.
- Install all necessary electrical equipment, and ensure that sufficient power is provided for the
See Facility Power Requirements.
- If you will be routing power cords or data cables down through the
floor, prepare a floor cutout for these cables.
See Mounting Holes and Cable Routing Floor Cutout Specifications for the floor cutout dimensions.
- Ensure that the installation site provides adequate air conditioning.
See Heat Dissipation and Airflow Requirements for more information.
- Prepare the entire route from the loading dock to the installation site.
See Access Route Guidelines.
- Prepare a 3/16-inch (4.8-mm) thick A36 metal plate with beveled edges that is
large enough to support the server when it rolls over gaps or holes
in the floor.
See Use a Metal Plate to Cross Gaps in the Floor for more information.
- If necessary, prepare a metal ramp to go up or down minor elevation
See Move Server Up or Down a Ramp for more information.
- Operate the air conditioning system for 48 hours to bring the room temperature
to the appropriate level.
- Clean and vacuum the area thoroughly in preparation for installation.