Secure the Power Cords
Secure the power cords to the server and to cable management devices above
or below the server.
- Use tie-wraps to secure the power cords to the supports located at the top
of the server.
Use extra tie-wraps as necessary to secure the power cords to the server
Note - Do not secure the power cords to the cable management hooks. These hooks
are designed for data cables and cannot support the weight of the power
- If you have routed the power cords down the right cable channel and
through a floor cutout, skip to Step 5.
Otherwise, continue to the next step.
- Confirm that the power cords have been routed up through the right-most opening
at the top rear of the server.
- Secure the power cords to a cable tray or similar device above the
Refer to the cable tray documentation for instructions. Skip to Step 9.
- Confirm that the power cords are routed through the right cable channel and
down through the bottom of the server.
- Confirm that the right cable bracket is installed in the right cable channel.
See Prepare the Cable Routing Brackets for instructions.
- Using tie-wraps, secure the power cords to the right cable bracket and right
channel cable stand-offs.
Ensure that the power cords are routed to the left of the
door latch bracket.
Note - When routing the power cords down the right cable channel, ensure that you
provide enough space for the rear door latch to close without touching a
- In the crawl space under the server, secure the power cords to your
facility cable management devices.
Request instructions from your facility manager.
- Continue the installation by connecting the EMS network cables.
See Connect the EMS Network Cables.